RESULTS OF ... | CHALLENGES
THREE VIRTUAL CHALLENGES
Below are the results of the PIUTT Virtual Challenges.
Challenge 1 : Racket Challenge
Challenge: Hold the ball high on your racket on alternating sides. The number of times you hit the ball in the right order during maximum 30 seconds without dropping will count as the result.
- CHAMPION: Alexander Trap (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 41 combinations
- 2nd place: Natan Van Wichelen (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 39 combinations
- 3rd place (shared): Sergey Samokhvalov (Financial University, Russia) & Milo Huyskens (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 38 combinations
Challenge 2 : Frame Challenge
Challenge: Hold the ball high on the frame (side) of your racket. The number of times you hit the ball with the frame during maximum 30 seconds without dropping will count as the result.
- CHAMPION: Timofey Amelin (Financial University, Russia): 77 times
- 2nd place: Alexander Van Kerckhoven (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 65 times
- 3rd place: Danil Burnashov (Financial University, Russia): 52 times
Challenge 3 : Federer Challenge
Challenge: Make volleys against the wall while standing close to it. The number of times you hit the ball against the wall during maximum 30 seconds without dropping will count as the result.
- CHAMPION: Tino Kovačič (University of Maribor, Slovenia): 124 times
- 2nd place: Alexander Trap (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 94 times
- 3rd place: Alexander Vanyakin (Financial University, Russia): 90 times
RESULTS OF ... | FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
PIUTT FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
The PCU Committee aims to make a current state of affairs of Fair Play in university sports during these Covid-19 times and therefore engaged with the Universities and University Colleges of the PCU Committee network. In total, 112 Universities – spread over 43 countries in all continents – participated in the PCU Fair Play Initiative. An overwhelming 97% considers Fair Fair Play an important part of their sports activities. More analysis of the responses will be published shortly, and sent by to the participants.
RESULTS OF ... | ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
The 2020 Enrico Prandi Trophy is awarded to a university or institute of higher education, based upon an ongoing or planned Fair Play initiative. The trophy is a prestigious award, unique in the world of university sport and the highest merit a university can achieve in relation to ethics in university sport. The winner will be announced on Monday 14 December on our website and social media channels.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | EXPOSITIONS
DRAWING & PHOTO CONTEST EXPOSITIONS
(PARTICIPANTS PIUTT@HOME 2020)
PARTICIPANTS PIUTT@HOME 2020
(final update 23/11/20 – 09.00 h CET)
- American University of Beirut (Lebanon)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy (Belgium)
- AP University College (Belgium)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Brunel University London (England)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
- Dubna State University (Russia)
- Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (Russia)
- KdG University of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Maastricht University (Netherlands)
- Mara University of Technology (Malaysia)
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Russia)
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- NOVA University Lisbon (Portugal)
- Paris Dauphine University (France)
- Pompeu Fabra University (Spain)
- Pyatigorsk State University (Russia)
- Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy (Russia)
- Saint Petersburg State Agrarian University (Russia)
- Saint Petersburg State University (Russia)
- Solent University (England)
- South Eastern University of Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- University Carlos III of Madrid (Spain)
- University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- University of Dundee (Scotland)
- University of East Anglia (England)
- University of Essex (England)
- University of Konstanz (Germany)
- University of Leicester (England)
- University of Maribor (Slovenia)
- University of Paris-Seine / ILEPS (France)
- University of Rijeka (Croatia)
- University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy)
- University of San Andrés (Argentina)
(CONTACT, PROGRAM, HOST, CHAMPIONS)
+7 926 595 33 27
Friday 20 November 2020
Saturday 21 November 2020
PIUTT Fair Play Initiative : deadline
On PCU Website.
PIUTT Virtual Challenge Series : deadline
On PCU Website.
Enrico Prandi Trophy : deadline
On PCU Website.
Sunday 22 November 2020
Monday 14 December 2020
PIUTT ORGANISATION COMMITTEE
The PIUTT is a yearly tennis tournament for universities and university colleges worldwide, organized by the University of Antwerp (Belgium) and Dubna State University (Russia) with the endorsement of the PCU Committee. The PIUTT Organization Committee consists of 3 members and controls the organisation and finances of the PIUTT. In addition, the PIUTT Organizing Committee appoints a Tournament Director, responsible for the daily running of the PIUTT organization.
- President, Prof. Dr. Francis baron Van Loon (honorary rector University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Member, Prof. Dr. Dmitry Fursaev (rector Dubna State University, Russia)
- Member, Peter Verboven (president PCU Committee, Belgium)
- Tournament Director, Alina Baranova (Russia)
FINANCIAL UNIVERSITY, MOSCOW, HOST
The Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Education ‘Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation’ (Financial University) is one of the oldest Russian higher education institutions where financial experts, financial law experts, economists, IT experts, mathematicians, sociologists, and political scientists are trained. Sport, Fair Play and international interaction are considered within Financial University as highly important for the educational development of students. Also the universal Panathlon values and the recognition of the association by the International Olympic Committee are considered as complementary with the mission of the Financial University. As a result the Financial University hosts the PIUTT for the next years in close cooperation with the Financial University Rector, Prof. M. Eskindarov, the Financial University Vice-Rector for International Cooperation, Prof. Alexander Linnikov and the Financial University Director of Sports, Gennady Davydov.
PIUTT CHAMPIONS (2016-2020)
PIUTT 2020 online Champions
- Racket Challenge – TRAP Alexander (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Frame Challenge – BAMELIN Timofey (Financial University, Russia)
- Federer Challenge – KOVACIC Tino (University of Maribor, Slovenia)