Words of Gratitude – We wish to thank the University of Antwerp for the ongoing hosting partnership especially in Covid-19 times.
RESULTS OF ... | E-SPORTS
PCU E-SPORTS GAMES
A FIFA21 Tournament (on PS4 only) was organized for students worldwide, representing their university or institute of higher education.
- Timing: Thursday 12 November from 19h00 to 23h00 CET. Registrations are now closed.
- Rules and Regulations (Pdf)
- Results (Pdf, available during competition)
- Podium PCU E-Sports Games
- Champion: JonasDC2 (HOGent University of Applied Sciences, Belgium)
- 2nd Place: JoaoAmaral989 (University of Porto, Portugal)
- 3rd Place: GoosBusters (Macromedia University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
RESULTS OF ... | CHALLENGES
THREE VIRTUAL CHALLENGES
Below are the results of the PCU Virtual Challenges.
Challenge 1 : Futsal Challenge
Challenge: Hold the ball high on alternating feet (left/right). The number of times you make the left/right combination during maximum 30 seconds without dropping the ball will count as the result.
- CHAMPION: Jazmin Guzman Rizo (UNED, Costa Rica): 32 combinations L/R
- 2nd place (shared): Robin Cleymans, Seppe De Beuckelaer and Fons Van Dyck (all University of Antwerp, Belgium): 29 combinations.
Challenge 2 : Basketball Challenge
Challenge: Make a figure 8 between your legs while dribbling. The number of times you make a figure 8 during maximum 30 seconds in one continuous motion will count as the result.
- CHAMPION: Kieran Cann (University of Leicester, England) with 31 figure-8’s
- 2nd place: Davina Barrell-MacDonald (University of Leicester, England): 22 figure-8’s
- 3rd place: Matthijs Hendrickx (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 21 figure-8’s.
Challenge 3 : Volleyball Challenge
Challenge: Hold the ball high by alternatively passing underarm (on the forearms) and overhand (above the head). The number of times you make a combination during maximum 30 seconds without dropping the ball will count as the result.
- CHAMPIONS (shared): Robbe Bernaerts and Vincent Van Minnebruggen (both University of Antwerp, Belgium) with 26 combinations
- 3rd place: Stan Weyn (University of Antwerp, Belgium): 20 combinations.
RESULTS OF ... | FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
PCU FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
The PCU Committee aims to make a current state of affairs of Fair Play in university sports during these Covid-19 times and therefore engaged with the Universities and University Colleges of the PCU Committee network. In total, 112 Universities – spread over 43 countries in all continents – participated in the PCU Fair Play Initiative. An overwhelming 97% considers Fair Fair Play an important part of their sports activities. More analysis of the responses can be found in this report (Pdf)
RESULTS OF ... | ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
The 2020 Enrico Prandi Trophy is awarded to a university or institute of higher education, based upon an ongoing or planned Fair Play initiative. The trophy is a prestigious award, unique in the world of university sport and the highest merit a university can achieve in relation to ethics in university sport. To be considered for the award, please detail below your Fair Play initiative. Registrations have now closed.
The prestigious Enrico Prandi Trophy is this year (2020) awarded to a university highlighting in the best possible way the importance of Fair Play in university sport. The PCU Committee Executive Committee decided on 14 December to award the 2020 Enrico Prandi Trophy to the Financial university under the Government of the Russian Federation (Moscow, Russia) for the initiative “Remote Walking”.
The “Remote Walking” project was held in May this year among the faculties of the Financial University. 260 students from 17 faculties took part in the competition. During 3 weeks athletes sent screenshots of their daily steps and interaction and friendship between students was stimulated, resulting in a Fair Play environment the PCU Committee encourages strongly.
The winner of the competition was determined by the number of points scored by the whole team. At the end of the competition, the University Sports Club awarded the best team and the best athletes, also “Fair Play” trophies were awarded.
The Sports Club took the unprecedented step by significantly increasing the number of individual prizes for competitors to participate due to the successful results.
To reach its decision, the PCU EC argues this project is an excellent initiative for promotion of inclusiveness and Fair Play promotion, as well as popularizing physical culture and sports in a student environment, especially during quarantine.
Yuri Izgorodin, the chief specialist of the Sports Club of the Financial University and the organizer of the “Remote Walking” competition, also proposed the idea to hold the same initiative on an international platform.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | EXPOSITIONS
DRAWING & PHOTO CONTEST EXPOSITIONS
(PARTICIPANTS PCUGAMES@HOME 2020)
PARTICIPANTS PCUGAMES@HOME 2020
(final update 13/11/20 – 17.00 h CET)
- Academic Sports Association Zurich (Switzerland)
- American College of Greece (Greece)
- American University of Afghanistan (Afghanistan)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy (Belgium)
- AP University College (Belgium)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Ballsbridge University Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Bogdan Voda University of Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- Brunel University London (England)
- Clausthal University of Technology (Germany)
- Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- De Monfort University (England)
- Democritus University of Thrace (Greece)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
- Estonian Academy of Security Sciences (Estonia)
- Free University of Berlin (Germany)
- Friedrich Schiller University of Jena (Germany)
- Ghent University (Belgium)
- Goce Delčev University of Štip (North Macedonia)
- Harare Institute of Techonology (Zimbabwe)
- Heidelberg University of Education (Germany)
- HOGent University College (Belgium)
- ISCTE – University Institute of Lisbon (Portugal)
- Juraj Dobrila University of Pula (Croatia)
- KdG University of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences (Bhutan)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Leiden University (Netherlands)
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Lithuania)
- Maastricht University (Netherlands)
- Macromedia University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Maynooth University (Ireland)
- Solent University (England)
- Middlesex University London (England)
- Middlesex University Mauritius (Mauritius)
- Modern University for Business and Science (Lebanon)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- Nottingham Trent University (England)
- NOVA University Lisbon (Portugal)
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Greece)
- Paris Dauphine University (France)
- Paris-Saclay University (France)
- Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (Portugal)
- Public University of Navarre (Spain)
- Radboud University (Netherlands)
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – Medical University of Bahrain (Bahrain)
- Ruhr University Bochum (Germany)
- Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
- Sheffield Hallam University (England)
- St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
- The University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Thomas More University College (Belgium)
- Tilburg University (Netherlands)
- UIC Barcelona (Spain)
- UNED Distance State University (Costa Rica)
- UNEM Business University (Costa Rica)
- Universidad Evangelica de El Salvador (El Salvador)
- Université des Mascareignes (Mauritius)
- University Carlos III of Madrid (Spain)
- University College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Algiers 3 (Algeria)
- University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- University of Bielsko-Biała (Poland)
- University of Cassino and Lazio Meridionale (Italy)
- University of Debrecen (Hungary)
- University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany)
- University of East Anglia (England)
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland)
- University of Essex (England)
- University of Gjirokastër “Eqrem Çabej” (Albania)
- University of Grenoble-Alpes (France)
- University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- University of Guam (Guam)
- University of Konstanz (Germany)
- University of La Laguna (Spain)
- University of Lausanne (Switzerland)
- University of Leicester (England)
- University of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- University of Minho (Portugal)
- University of Mostar (Bosnia Herzegovina)
- University of Porto (Portugal)
- University of Potsdam (Germany)
- University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy)
- University of Sierra Leone, Fourah Bay College (Sierra Leone)
- University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- University of the West Indies at Cave Hill (Barbados)
- University of the West Indies Open Campus Trinidad (Trindidad & Tobago)
- University of Tübingen (Germany)
- University of Twente (Netherlands)
- University of Vigo (Spain)
- University of Wolverhampton (England)
- University of Zadar (Croatia)
- UPA University Panamericana (Costa Rica)
- Utrecht University (Netherlands)
- Wageningen University & Research (Netherlands)
- West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin (Poland)
- Zanzibar School of Health (Tanzania)
- Zone – Helsinki Metropolitan Area Universities of Applied Sciences Sport Services (Finland)
(CONTACT, PROGRAM, HOST, CHAMPIONS)
+32 3 265 37 44
Wednesday 11 November 2020
Thursday 12 November 2020
PCU E-Sports Games
19.00 h – 23.00 h CET
PCU Fair-Play Initiative : deadline
On PCU Website.
PCU Virtual Challenge Series : deadline
On PCU Website.
Friday 13 November 2020
Saturday 21 November 2020
Enrico Prandi Trophy : deadline
On PCU Website.
Monday 14 December 2020
To guarantee a free program, the hosting rights of the PCU Games are granted to one single university community for a term of several years. The host is consequently ensured of the necessary return by means of publicity on a long term and is able to downsize logistic and financial requirements. The Antwerp University Association is our first partner within this new format. The Antwerp University Association is a structural cooperation of four higher education institutions in metropolitan Antwerp with about 40.000 students. Sport, Fair Play and international interaction are considered within the Antwerp University Association as highly important for the educational development of students. Also the universal Panathlon values and the recognition of the association by the International Olympic Committee are considered as complementary with the mission of the Antwerp University Association. As a result the Antwerp University Association agreed to host the PCU Games for the next years. The Antwerp University Association (AUHA) is an association of 4 Antwerp Institutes of Higher Education: University of Antwerp, KdG University of Applied Sciences, AP University College and Antwerp Maritime Academy.
PCU GAMES CHAMPIONS (1999-2019)
PCU Games 2020 Champions
- E-Sports (FIFA21), Jonas_DC2 (HOGENT University of Applied Sciences, Belgium)
- Futsal Challenge, Jazmin Guzman Rizo (UNED Distance State University, Costa Rica)
- Basketball Challenge, Kieran Cann (University of Leicester, England)
- Volleyball Challenge, Robbe Bernaerts (University of Antwerp, Belgium) and Vincent Van Minnebruggen (University of Antwerp, Belgium)