Words of Gratitude – We wish to thank the University of Antwerp for the ongoing hosting partnership especially in Covid-19 times.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | E-SPORTS
PCU E-SPORTS GAMES
A FIFA21 Tournament (on PS4 only) is organised for students worldwide, representing their university or institute of higher education.
- Timing: Thursday 29 April from 19h00 to 23h00 CET. Participation in the PCU E-Sports Games is simple, by filling in the form below. After your registration is confirmed, you will receive the link to the online platform. The deadline for registration is Monday 26 April.
- The winner is awarded with the PCU E-Games Cup. All participants receive a participation certificate.
- Rules and Regulations (Pdf)
- Results (Pdf, available during competition)
PARTICIPATE IN ... | CHALLENGES
THREE VIRTUAL CHALLENGES
You can participate in each of the 3 challenges by uploading your video to your Facebook profile and tagging PCU Committee or to your Instagram profile and tagging @pcu_com. Make sure your social media profile is set “public”. The 3 challenges are exclusively open for university (college) students.
The deadline of participation is Thursday 29 April 2021 and individual results are available on Friday 30 April. The winner will be awarded with an honoring certificate and all participants receive a participation certificate.
Challenge 1 : Futsal Challenge
Hold the ball high against a wall using all body parts, with exception of your hands and arms. The number of times you make the body/wall combination during maximum 30 seconds, without dropping the ball, will be your result (see video below). Upon completion, send us your unedited video as explained above, preferably in vertical format.
Challenge 2 : Basketball Challenge
Hold the ball between your legs with one arm behind your legs and one in front. Then change your arms without dropping the ball. The number of times you are able to make the change between hands, without dropping the ball, will be your result (see video below). Upon completion, send us your unedited video as explained above, preferably in vertical format.
Challenge 3 : Volleyball Challenge
Hold the ball high against a wall by alternatively passing underarm (on the forearms) and overhand (above the head) against the wall. The number of times you make a combination underarm/wall/overhand/wall during maximum 30 seconds, without dropping the ball, will be your result (see video below). Upon completion, send us your unedited video as explained above, preferably in vertical format.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
PCU FAIR PLAY INITIATIVE
The PCU Committee aims to make a current state of affairs of Fair Play in university sports during these Covid-19 times and therefore engages with 300 Universities and University Colleges of the PCU Committee network. In 2020, 112 Universities – spread over 43 countries in all continents – participated in the PCU Fair Play Initiative. An overwhelming 97% considers Fair Fair Play an important part of their sports activities. More analysis of the responses can be found in this summarized report (Pdf).
In 2021 the PCU Committee aims to follow up on the previous Fair Play Initiative. If you also want to be part of this initiative, please contact the PCU Committee firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline of participation is Thursday 29 April 2021.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
ENRICO PRANDI TROPHY
The Enrico Prandi Trophy is a prestigious award, unique in the world of university sport and the highest merit a university (college) can achieve in relation to ethics in university sport.
The 2021 Enrico Prandi Trophy is awarded to a university or university college for a project which ensures sports and physical activities for their students during the COVID-19 pandemic, keeping in line with local COVID-19 regulations. Participation is simple by filling in your details and specifying your project in the Candidature Form below. The candidature deadline is Saturday 24 April 2021. The winner will be announced on Friday 30 April on our website and social media channels. Below an overview of the past winners (2016-2020).
Enrico Prandi Trophy 2020
Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (Russia),
for the Fair Play project “Remote Walking” which was held in May 2021 during the Covid-19 pandemic’s quarantaine situation.
PARTICIPATE IN ... | EXPOSITIONS
DRAWING & PHOTO CONTEST EXPOSITIONS
- Virtual Exposition of the 4th Antwerp University & Panathlon Drawing Contest (2019)
- Virtual Exposition of the 1st Antwerp University & Panathlon Photo Contest (2019)
The Exposition of the 2020 PCU Drawing & Photo Contests will be available here in April 2021.
(PARTICIPANTS PCUGAMES@HOME 2021)
PARTICIPANTS PCUGAMES@HOME 2021
(update 09 April 2021 – 15.00 h CET)
- Adriatic University Bar (Montenegro)
- American University of Malta (Malta)
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname (Suriname)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy (Belgium)
- AP University College (Belgium)
- Cyprus Health and Social Sciences University (Northern Cyprus)
- Danubius University (Romania)
- FASTA University (Argentina)
- Fiji National University (Fiji)
- KdG University of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Macromedia University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (Poland)
- Middlesex University Mauritius (Mauritius)
- Mother Teresa University (North Macedonia)
- National Research University “Moscow Power Engineering Institute” (Russia)
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology (India)
- Norbuling Rigter College (Bhutan)
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – Bahrain (Bahrain)
- State Distance University (Costa Rica)
- Tallinn University of Applies Sciences (Estonia)
- The Gambia College (The Gambia)
- Trinity Western University (Canada)
- Maastricht University (Netherlands)
- Ukshin Hoti University of Prizren (Kosovo)
- University Campus Bio-Medico of Rome (Italy)
- University for Business and Technology (Kosovo)
- University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- University of Aruba (Aruba)
- University of Brunei Darussalam (Brunei)
- University of Central Lancashire (England, United Kingdom)
- University of Central Lancashire Cyprus Campus (Cyprus)
- University of Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland, United Kingdom)
- University of Faisalabad (Pakistan)
- University of Malaya (Malaysia)
- University of Mauritius (Mauritius)
- University of Padua (Italy)
- University of Primorska, Faculty of Health Studies (Slovenia)
- University of San Andrés (Argentina)
- University of Science and Technology Houari Boumediene (Algeria)
- University of Shkodër “Luigj Gurakuqi” (Albania)
- University of Technology, Mauritius (Mauritius)
- University of the West Indies Mona (Jamaica)
- Whitefield Business School (Mauritius)
(CONTACT, PROGRAM, HOST, CHAMPIONS)
+32 3 265 37 44
Wednesday 28 April 2021
Thursday 29 April 2021
PCU E-Sports Games
19.00 h – 23.00 h CET
PCU Fair-Play Initiative : deadline
On PCU Website.
PCU Virtual Challenge Series : deadline
On PCU Website.
Friday 30 April 2021
PCU GAMES CHAMPIONS (1999-2020)
PCU Games 2020 Champions
- E-Sports (FIFA21), Jonas_DC2 (HOGENT University of Applied Sciences, Belgium)
- Futsal Challenge, Jazmin Guzman Rizo (UNED Distance State University, Costa Rica)
- Basketball Challenge, Kieran Cann (University of Leicester, England)
- Volleyball Challenge, Robbe Bernaerts (University of Antwerp, Belgium) and Vincent Van Minnebruggen (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
Enrico Prandi Fair Play Trophy 2020, Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (Russia)
To guarantee a free program, the hosting rights of the PCU Games are granted to one single university community for a term of several years. The host is consequently ensured of the necessary return by means of publicity on a long term and is able to downsize logistic and financial requirements. The Antwerp University Association is our first partner within this new format. The Antwerp University Association is a structural cooperation of four higher education institutions in metropolitan Antwerp with about 40.000 students. Sport, Fair Play and international interaction are considered within the Antwerp University Association as highly important for the educational development of students. Also the universal Panathlon values and the recognition of the association by the International Olympic Committee are considered as complementary with the mission of the Antwerp University Association. As a result the Antwerp University Association agreed to host the PCU Games for the next years. The Antwerp University Association (AUHA) is an association of 4 Antwerp Institutes of Higher Education: University of Antwerp, KdG University of Applied Sciences, AP University College and Antwerp Maritime Academy.